We take your privacy and data protection very seriously here at Footscape and can assure you that your details will never be shared or sold to any third parties.
This policy is updated from time to time. The latest version is published on this page.
If you have any questions about this policy, please email email@example.com or write to: John Laidlaw, Owner, Footscape, Finzean House, The Avenue, Sherborne,Dorset,DT9 3AJ
We gather and use certain information about individuals in order to provide products and services and to enable certain functions on this website.
We also collect information to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
What data we gather
We may collect the following information:
- Name, age, address mobile number
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information, such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Website usage data
- Other information relevant to guest and client enquiries
- Details of other people walking with you
- Dietary requirements
- Other information pertaining to special offers and surveys
How we collect your personal data
- Via our website contact form
- By email from you
- By telephone
How we use this data
Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking for from the company, enabling us to deliver improved products and services.
Specifically, we may use data:
- To advise you of the suitability of certain walks for you
- To create a booking for you
- For our own internal records.
- To improve the products and services we provide.
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry.
- To customise the website for you.
- We will always hold your information securely.
- To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way,altered or disclosed.
Cookies and how we use them
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
Who we share your personal data with
- Third Part data suppliers such as Protected Trust Services, Sage Pay
- Specific third parties such as luggage transfer providers, taxi companies, accommodation providers
- Some of your information may be processed by third parties outside of the European Economic area. For example Sage Pay
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package.Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
- Store information about your preferences.The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
- To recognise when you return to our website. We may show your relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
However, please note that doing this may affect how our website functions. Some pages and services may become unavailable to you.
Controlling information about you
When you fill in a form or provide your details on our website:
- We will only contact you when you have contacted us
- We will not send you e mails that do not relate to your enquiry
- If you have contacted us and you would like your contact details removed you can do so by these methods:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write to us at: Footscape, Finzean House, The Avenue, Sherborne, Dorset, DT9 3AJ We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or the law requires us to.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy, in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- It is necessary to keep some information for 6 years. This is for accounting and legal purposes only. This will be the information shown on your invoice.
- At the end of the financial year in which you walk, we will delete all information except your name and e mail address and details of the walk that you have booked with us. Thus information will be retained for a period of three years for the purpose of ensuring that we provide the correct walking holiday for any repeat bookings within that period
Links from our site
Our website may contain links to other websites.
Please note that we have no control of websites outside the www.footscape.co.uk domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.
Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s data protection and privacy policies fully.