Footscape Walking Holidays
Booking and paying for your holiday
The procedure is very simple:
- Go to the individual walking holiday or heritage tour page on this website that interests you, where you will find a description of the holiday, scheduled dates (where applicable) and prices. Please proceed as directed to our short enquiry form and complete it.
- We will reply as soon as possible by email.
- If the holiday that you have chosen is fully booked, we may propose alternative dates or an alternative holiday.
- Otherwise you will receive email confirmation of the availability and price of your selected holiday, and an invitation to make a confirmed booking.
Booking your holiday
- On receipt of your booking by email, we will send you more information and an invoice by email requesting you to pay a deposit of £100 per person, if more than 56 days (8 weeks) before the holiday check-in date, or the full amount, if within 8 weeks of the check-in date. You have the option, of course, of paying the full amount (deposit and balance) at one time, even if you have more than 8 weeks to go before the start of your holiday.
- This invoice will also provide details of your payment options, which are as follows:
- personal cheque in £ sterling (only if you have a UK bank account) or a bank draft
- direct bank transfer or BACS in £ sterling to our account
- an on line bank transfer
- by credit card/Debit card (Visa or Mastercard) also providing name on card, address, card number and 3 digit CV2 (on reverse of card)Please note that for your security we cannot take payment details by email, this must be provided by phone. Pay your deposit or full amount, using one of the payment methods described above. If you have paid a deposit, pay the balance amount in full by the date given on your invoice.
Footscape Gift Vouchers
Why not think of offering a Footscape gift voucher as a Christmas, birthday or anniversary present towards the cost of a walking holiday or heritage tour?
The value of the voucher can be from £50 and in any multiple of £5.
A voucher is valid for 12 months from the date of issue and can be renewed.
For all enquiries about a Footscape voucher, please contact us.
If you want to change your booking
Should you inform us 8 weeks or more in advance that you want to change the dates of your holiday or choose a different holiday or accommodation option, we will be happy to arrange that for you, subject to availability. As some holidays involve multiple accommodation bookings, there may be cancellation charges from individual accommodations.
If your request comes to us within 8 weeks of your holiday start date, we will do our best to change your booking for an administration charge of £20 per person plus any cancellation charges that we may have incurred on your behalf. If it is impossible to make a new booking to your satisfaction, your holiday will be cancelled, in which case cancellation charges will apply, as described below. We therefore strongly urge you to insure yourself against this risk.
If you want to cancel your holiday
Since most walking holidays are booked well in advance, late cancellations can cost us money. That is why we need to have a scale of cancellation charges which are based on the decreasing likelihood of receiving replacement bookings, as time progresses.
If you want to cancel your booking, please phone or email us as soon as possible. We will need to receive notification of cancellation in writing (by email or letter).
Should we receive this notification 56 days or more before the start of your holiday, we will refund your payment(s) in full, less the deposit amount.
If we receive your notification of cancellation later than that, we will refund your payment(s) in full, less the deposit amount and less the following charges:
56 – 43 days before the start – 25% of the balance
42 – 29 days before the start – 50% of the balance
28 – 15 days before the start – 75% of the balance
No refund can be given if we receive your notification of cancellation less than 15 days before the start date or during the course of your holiday.
We are obliged to implement these cancellation fees without exception. So we strongly urge you to insure yourself against this risk.
If you book with Footscape, you are responsible for ensuring your fitness for the walking holiday or tour that you have chosen. If you have any doubt, please consult your doctor and advise us of any health concerns.
Please make sure that you have chosen the correct footwear and clothing for the mileage that you will be doing and the weather that you might encounter. Some of the Trails can be muddy – winter or summer!
Whether you are travelling from inside or outside the UK, there may be circumstances where you have to cancel or curtail your holiday. Or you could sprain your ankle or lose your money. This could be costly, unless you are insured. Footscape cannot accept liability for any loss, damage or injury resulting from any circumstances beyond our control.
For these reasons you should take out a travel insurance policy, including cover for trip cancellation, damage or loss of personal effects, medical & personal accident, etc. It’s quite inexpensive and can save you a lot of money if anything goes wrong.
If Footscape changes or cancels your booking
On very rare occasions, we might be obliged to propose significant changes to the holiday that you have booked, due to exceptional circumstances beyond our control. These could be a change of accommodation option or date or even the cancellation of the whole holiday.
If we have to make any significant change or cancel your holiday, we will let you know as soon as possible, and will offer you the following options:
accept the proposed changes
book the same holiday at a later date or an alternative holiday of comparable standard
cancel (or accept our cancellation), in which case you will receive a full refund of any payment(s) that you have made to us.
We regret that we cannot pay any expenses or losses incurred by you as a result of any such change or cancellation.
If we are forced to cancel your booking due to any failure on your part to comply with these booking conditions (e.g. paying your balance on time) we will not pay any compensation.
Footscape accept no responsibility or liability for any damage, accident or death, or for the delay, alteration or cancellation of any holiday as a result of “force majeure”, such as industrial disputes, riots, natural disasters, fire, sickness, bad weather, cancellation or changes of train, plane or bus schedules or any other circumstances beyond our control.
Dealing with complaints
We want our guests to have an enjoyable holiday and we choose the accommodation according to your requests on the booking form. If you are unsatisfied with any aspect of your holiday or have any problems, please contact us by phone immediately. We will give you our mobile and landline phone numbers on your itinerary. You must notify us about serious complaints by phone immediately and follow this in writing (letter or email) as soon as possible. We would rather try to solve your problems while you are on holiday than later.
Your holiday funds are held in a third party Trust account with Protected Travel Services until after your holiday has been completed. This provides the financial protection under the Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992 for Footscape, and in the event of their insolvency will be completely refunded in the event you have not yet travelled.
Please note that our package holidays booked from outside the UK are only protected when purchased directly with Footscape.