Footscape is a Dorset company and our local knowledge allows us to put together trails and histories which only a local could provide. We pride ourselves in our attention to our customers and go out of our way to make sure they have everything they need. Footscape has been providing holidays and tours in Dorset for over a decade and this experience allows us to anticipate what makes a great holiday.
Footscape is fully compliant with 1992 package tour regulations which means your holiday funds are held in a third party Trust account with Protected Travel Services until after your holiday has been completed.
What is a Footscape walking holiday?
All our walking holidays (hiking tours) are self-guided. Some are designed for those who want to be completely independent. Others include our own daily transport services to and from the trail, providing a lot of personal attention and flexibility.
Our walking holidays are essentially based on what we would want if we were the clients:
- The best possible trail through gorgeous countryside, with little or no road walking
- A choice of good accommodation to suit our taste and pockets
- Pleasant pubs in picturesque villages that appear along the trail at lunchtime
- Precise, foolproof directions, with interesting information on the places we walk through
- Freedom to walk at our own pace, pausing for a rest or a snack whenever we want
- Efficient transport and baggage transfer services when required, so that we don’t have to carry heavy backpacks and will not be left stranded
- Having time for a leisurely breakfast in the morning, as well as a relaxing bath or shower and a long drink after the day’s walk
- A tour organiser who knows each step of the trail
The essence of Footscape is flexibility. Whether you want a guided holiday for your rambling group, a weekend escape from the city, some gentle walks for young children or something more energetic for the teenagers on your family holiday – let us know and we can design something just for you. Tell us your requirements and we will be happy to try and be of service.
Sometimes families or a group of friends include people of different ages or fitness levels, making it difficult to find a holiday that suits them all. Parents, children and grandparents might like to take a holiday together, but whilst some of them may be keen walkers, others might not want to walk as much or even walk at all.
This is no problem on a Footscape custom holiday.
We can offer a variety of interesting alternative activities, from the gentle such as fossil-hunting, relaxing on a beach or visiting local sites of interest to the more adventurous such as kayaking or exhilarating rib rides along the coast. Then everybody can meet up for lunch or a Dorset cream tea at the end of the day.
We are known for our flexibility and personalised services tailored to your individual wishes.
John and Debbie Laidlaw – Footscape Owners
Booking a Custom Holiday
Tell us what you want, and we’ll design a holiday between us, based on your wish list and our local knowledge. It can be a short weekend or mid-week break or a longer holiday any time from February to November, depending on the availability of our services and accommodation on your chosen dates. Please try and give us as wide a range of dates as possible. For all our custom holidays or tours, we will quote you as competitive a price as we can. If you have a very large group (10+) and would like to book a custom tour, please contact us several months in advance.